Deloitte will bring its Finnish headquarters and over 700 employees to the We Land building to be completed in the K. A. Fagerholm Square in the Ruoholahti district of Helsinki in 2022. The target set for We Land, a concept developed by NCC, is to upgrade the Ruoholahti district into one of Helsinki’s most attractive areas. The building is designed to meet the exceptionally high BREEAM rating of Outstanding.
- Companies want to ensure the best possible working conditions for their employees. We are delighted to be able to offer a suitable solution to an international company like Deloitte which offers demanding expert services, Senior Developer Heikki Alén of NCC Property Development says.
- NCC’s We Land concept meets our expectations and provides us with modern, sustainable, diverse and for most comfortable business premises. We will design the space with our employees, and we are extremely excited about this project, Deloitte Finland CEO Tomi Pitkänen says.
NCC has been planning the area in co-operation with the City of Helsinki, the architect firm JKMM Arkkitehdit with the participation of the companies and tenants of the area. The core idea of the We Land concept comprises open spaces to users and residents of the area, quality restaurants, cafés and events.
- No space alone can solve a company’s demands. The space will always need to be complemented with the right services, technology and people. Ruoholahti is currently a workplace area with 19,000 jobs where 20 per cent of Helsinki’s head offices are located. We want to upgrade the Ruoholahti into one of Helsinki’s most attractive areas and to create an open atmosphere there which lives and breathes 24/7, Alén states.
Membership tenancy model and services as in a hotel
The companies’ space demands and ways of organising the work will change over their life cycle. This is why the traditional tenancy model requires updating. We Land’s tenancy makes flexible space solutions possible, offering the services necessary for working and work well-being.
- People need easily accessible workplaces which ensure smooth working. The concierge service will meet even the highest demands and raise the utilization rate of the lobby. Our target is to set a generally measurable reference level for the service at We Land.
BREEAM Outstanding – strict requirements for energy- and resource efficiency, traffic and operation
BREEAM Outstanding in construction is exceptional even on the international scale. The space design, material choices, services, communications and operation of We Land are all in line with the principle ’As green as possible’. There are several users in the spaces and parking lots, all car parking and part of the bike parking spaces are equipped with charging, the structural solutions and modifiable spaces are long-lived, the façade materials recyclable, the interior decoration as ecological as possible, including greenery plantings and solar panels to be installed on the roof.
- The solutions of the built environment can have a considerable impact on slowing down the climate change and on adding to the people’s well-being. Both Deloitte and NCC want to be pioneers in creating responsible office spaces, Alén and Pitkänen emphasise.
We Land in figures
- Place: K.A. Fagerholm Square, Ruoholahti, Helsinki
- Architects: JKMM Arkkitehdit
- 2,500 jobs
- 23,000 sq. m. of floor area
- 450 bike parking spaces, partially with charging
- 200 car parking spaces, all with charging, alternate parking
- Exceptionally high targeted BREEAM rating on international scale: Outstanding (highest standard). BREEAM (Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method) is an international environmental rating system for buildings which strives to minimise the environmental impacts of building operation and to create more healthy working environments. The certification is made considering features such as the interior conditions and energy efficiency of buildings.
Heikki Alén, Senior Developer, NCC Property Development, tel.+358 40 567 6619, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tomi Pitkänen, CEO, Deloitte, tel. +358 40 534 3637, email@example.com
Suvi Ahlajärvi, Director, Deloitte, tel. +358 40 7548 715, firstname.lastname@example.org
Satu Holm-Jumppanen, Media Relations, NCC, tel. +358 50 305 4718, email@example.com
About NCC. Our vision is to renew our industry and provide superior sustainable solutions. NCC is one of the leading companies in the Nordics within construction, infrastructure and property development, with sales of over SEK 57 billion and 16,500 employees in 2018. The NCC share is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm.
About Deloitte Finland. In Finland, Deloitte Oy is the Finnish affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (“DTTL”), and services are provided by Deloitte Oy and its subsidiaries. In Finland Deloitte is among the nation’s leading professional services firms, providing audit, tax, risk advisory, legal, consulting, and financial advisory services through 550 people in 3 cities. Known as an employer of choice for innovative human resources programs, Deloitte is dedicated to helping its clients and its people excel. For more information, please visit our website at www.deloitte.fi.