NCC is launching preparatory construction works in the plot of the We Land building designed for the Rumbanaukio square in Ruoholahti. The site area will be fenced off, and the works will cause changes to the traffic arrangements as of 31 August 2020.
– Building works carried out in the city centre always require careful planning to ensure the security and viability of temporary traffic arrangements and adequate noise control. We will do our best to minimise any disruption to be caused by the construction site to those working and living in the area, Project Manager Timo Henno of NCC says.
Preparatory works will be started in the plot during the current week with moving the Rumba statue to the temporary store for the construction period. The fencing works will start on 31 August.
The traffic connections will be changed as follows:
Light and vehicular traffic
- The light traffic route south of the Porkkalankatu street will be removed from use at the location of the construction site. Bypass routes will be allotted for pedestrian and bicycle traffic.
- At the location of the building site, one lane on the Porkkalankatu street leading towards the city centre will remain in the use of vehicular traffic.
- The bus stop located at Porkkalankatu next to the building site will be moved about 100 m towards the city centre.
- Access to the site for heavy vehicular traffic and other site traffic will be mainly arranged through the Porkkalankatu street, but also via the Itämerenkatu street.
The progress of the construction works is reported on a regular basis at ncc.fi/projektit/weland where it is also possible to order the weekly newsletter to be delivered by e-mail.
Enclosed is a drawing presenting the light traffic arrangements.
Timo Henno, Project Director, NCC Property Development, tel. +358 50 388 3085, email@example.com
Satu Holm-Jumppanen, Media Relations, NCC, tel. +358 50 305 4718, firstname.lastname@example.org
We Land in figures
We Land, Itämerenkatu 25, 00180 Helsinki
- Architect: JKMM Arkkitehdit
- 2500 jobs
- 23,000 sq. m. of floor area
- 450 bicycle parking spaces, partially with charging stations
- 190 car parking spaces, all with charging stations, alternate parking arrangement
- Targeted at BREEAM Outstanding which is an exceptionally high environmental rating on the global scale. BREEAM certification involves assessment of ecological, social and economic sustainability of properties.
- Completion in 2023